Job Posting - Fall 2017
Position title: Assistant Professor, Accounting
Basic function: Full-time faculty members are responsible for teaching, undertaking professional and scholarly activities for content currency in the area of teaching responsibility, and providing service to the university.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities:
1. Teaching: Faculty members should be dedicated to excellence in teaching and be committed to fostering an environment of intellectual engagement, robust discussion, and mutual respect in the classroom.
- 9 month contract, teaching load of 24 credit hours (8, 3 credit courses), as assigned throughout the academic year (Fall, Spring semesters). Exceptions to load assignments must be approved in writing by the Assistant Provost and Academic Dean or the Associate Academic Dean for Graduate and Corporate Programs (graduate courses);
- Teaching assignment may include evenings and weekends, different locations and modalities (on ground, online);
- Hold regularly scheduled office hours (minimum of 1 hour per week for each 3 credit course) and be available for consultation with students;
- Assess student learning based on institutional outcomes, program outcomes, course goals and objectives in an unbiased, timely, and respectful manner;
- Assist with reviewing course content and learning outcomes within disciplinary area;
- Provide timely and relevant feedback to students on graded work;
- When teaching, respond to student inquiries within 48 hours;
- Support enrollment and advancement strategy and initiatives.
2. Scholarship/Professional Development: Faculty members must remain current in the respective academic discipline(s) and ensure ongoing intellectual engagement. This should include a balance of activities that may include:
- Staying current through reading of books, websites, scholarly journals, industry/discipline publications;
- Attendance and participation in industry/disciplinary conferences/workshops/seminars/webinars; including making presentations and leading discussion forums;
- Scholarly research, including published articles/manuscripts/monographs/books;
- Membership and participation in industry/disciplinary organizations.
3. Service: Faculty members are members of the university community and should participate in activities that support the university's strategy and mission across academics, admissions, and advancement. Service may include:
- Membership in standing or ad hoc committees, taskforces, or working groups;
- Serving as a student organization advisor, and/or student mentor;
- Participation in academic governance structures;
- Membership in external committees or organizations as a representative of Cleary University;
- Working at campus events, including admissions and advancement activities.
Expectations: Faculty members are expected to:
- Attend Faculty Training sessions/Conferences and Commencement as scheduled throughout the academic year;
- Maintain accurate and up to date information regarding academic credentials and professional/scholarly activities;
- Keep current with changing conditions/knowledge in appropriate academic discipline and with changing student needs and expectations;
- Interact with colleagues throughout the Cleary system in a timely and professional manner;
- Abide by all conditions outlined in the University Employee Manual and Faculty Handbook.
Supervised by: Assistant Provost for Academic Affairs and Academic Dean
- Master's Degree in Accounting, or related discipline required (all degrees must be earned credentials at regionally accredited institutions)
- CPA or CMA; or have completed certification within 12 months of date of hire
- 1-3 years teaching experience at the collegiate level
- 2 -5 years professional experience in Accounting
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume or CV, one page statement of teaching philosophy, and one page statement on the importance of diversity in higher education to firstname.lastname@example.org