Simpson College is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Vice President for Business Services. This position is responsible for providing leadership and organizational direction to the Business Office, Benefits, Payroll, Institutional Loans and Collections and Mailroom. Additional responsibilities include cash management of federal financial aid, financial analysis and reporting, reconciliation and audit preparation, and compliance with all associated regulations, laws and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage operation of the Business Office including student accounts, cashiering, collections and institutional loans. Work with other departments such as Financial Aid, Registrar and Student Development on common issues regarding policies or procedures.
- Manage benefits and payroll. Work with Human Resources department to ensure accuracy and appropriate internal control systems.
- Manage mailroom and serve as liaison to third party campus bookstore.
- Reconcile and complete required reporting and funding requests related to federal loans and grants. Ensure compliance with federal regulations.
- Prepare process control narratives, reconciliations and various analytical reports for annual external audit.
- Perform continual review of operations, procedures and internal control mechanisms to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of processes.
- Work with Controller to cross-train on financial reporting, monthly and fiscal year-end closing processes, general ledger maintenance, budget, investments and tax reporting.
- Complete required tax reporting to students, and oversee tax reporting related to benefits and payroll.
- Prepare peer comparison reports and other ad-hoc research and reports as requested.
- Serve on campus committees as necessary.