Under the direction of the Assistant Controller, the Accounting/Reconciliation Specialist performs a variety of accounting tasks both routine and project related. The responsibilities include daily cash management reporting, a variety of monthly reconciliations. Project related responsibilities are essential to gathering, classification and reporting of the University's financial data.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
· Maintains cash account and investment account balances including monthly reconciliations and journal entries.
· Performs balance sheet reconciliations monthly, prior to monthly closing; researches and resolves variances.
· Generates standard monthly, quarterly, and year-end general ledger journal entries and endowment subsidiary uploads.
· Monitors grant accounts and restricted fund activity and with support of accounting team reconciles activity quarterly.
· Performs review roles in Accounts Payable and Student Refund processes.
· Supports Campus Card, P-Card and accounts payable operations.
· Supports the year-end closing and audit.
· Works collaboratively with the finance team to improve accounting procedures/controls, and efficiencies thru development and implementation.
· Communicates with the University community and outside vendors in support of payable operations.
· Three to four years of accounting experience required.
· Bachelor degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
· Experience in non-profit environment - Jenzabar System experience preferred.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Able to function independently while operating effectively within a team environment
· Possess solid general computer skills, including ability to work in a Windows environment. Proficiency in a windows environment including excel pivot tables and vlookups.
· Demonstrated ability to work collegially, balance and prioritize assignments, manage multiple projects, problem solve and offer secretarial support to more than one person
· Flexible and able to multi-task
· Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
· Cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or employee population.
· Professional, courteous demeanor and appearance; ability to work professionally with students, faculty, staff and administration and represent the University professionally to the public
· Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and professional references to email@example.com.