This position performs duties to direct budgeting functions and auxiliary business operations of Gordon State College
• Complete the college’s original budget and all budget amendments
• Conduct regular analysis of budget positions and review budget/expenditure requests
• Complete budget reports to the Board of Regents
• Analyze the financial trends that affect the college’s budget
• Assist in the development and implementation of management action plans to maintain a balanced budget
• Provide training for all budget managers
• Oversee budget management for auxiliary services
• Assist with development of strategic plans for all auxiliary operations
• Monitor the work performed by all contracted 3rd party suppliers within auxiliary business units
• Provide day to day direction and leadership to departmental staff
• Track financial performance of auxiliary business units to ensure goals are met
• Performs related duties.
Salary is $55,093.92
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of budget development and management principles within governmental or higher education environments
• Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of State of Georgia budgetary policies.
• Knowledge of collegiate auxiliary services operations
• Skill in making timely, data-driven decisions
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and function in a project-lead capacity as needed
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for three to five years.