Bemidji State University
invites applications for the position of:
Assistant or Associate Professor
of Business Administration
OPENING DATE: December 23, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, January 28, 2020
APPOINTMENT DATE: August 18, 2020
SALARY: Depends on qualifications
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Tenure-track Probationary
JOB SUMMARY / BASIC FUNCTION: The Department of Business Administration is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time tenure-track probationary position to teach Operations Management and Statistics courses. The department currently houses undergraduate and graduate-level programs including Business Administration, Computer Information Systems (CIS), and Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- The successful candidate is expected to teach courses of Operations Management and Statistics at the undergraduate level on campus.
- The successful candidate must be capable of and committed to effective teaching.
- Online teaching assignments at the graduate or undergraduate level are possible.
- As this position may require some online teaching, the successful candidate must have the ability to design and deliver online courses using D2L Brightspace course management system or be willing to obtain the necessary skills for online course design and delivery.
- Additional responsibilities include advising and otherwise supporting students’ academic progress.
- Faculty members are encouraged to pursue scholarly and/or creative activities.
- The successful candidate is expected to contribute to a collegial and supportive environment that advances the goals of the Business Administration department, including curriculum development, assessment, programmatic accreditation and other departmental governance activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your application / resume clearly demonstrate fulfillment of the following minimum qualifications.)
- Candidates must have earned a PhD or DBA in Business Administration with an emphasis in Operations Management or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution by August 18, 2020.
- The candidate must possess the skills and ability to design and deliver online courses with D2L Brightspace software or be willing to obtain the necessary skills for online course design and delivery.
- The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
- Meet HLC credentialing requirements for teaching expertise in statistics by possessing evidence of a minimum of 18 graduate credits in statistics, data analysis, and research methods.
- Experience in teaching the following courses: Operations Management and Statistics.
- All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) which can be found at https://www.ifo.org/
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MinnState) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to MinnState's vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces (see policy)
APPLY ONLINE: https://bemidjistate.peopleadmin.com/
A completed application must include the following:
- Cover letter that addresses the qualifications for the position including a list of courses related to Operations Management and Statistics
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Unofficial Transcripts (in English) of all graduate coursework.
- Teaching Evaluations from recent courses taught for those candidates with teaching experience
Young Seob Son, Ph.D.
Bemidji State University
1500 Birchmont Drive NE
Bemidji, MN 56601
UNIVERSITY / COMMUNITY
Bemidji State University is nestled among the pines along the shores of Lake Bemidji, just blocks from a thriving downtown community. In this Northwoods setting, students, staff, and faculty have a variety of activities at their fingertips. Possessing all the charm and character of a college town, Bemidji remains a tight-knit community of good neighbors and engaged citizens who always come out to cheer for the Beavers. While the city of Bemidji — named after the Ojibwe Chief Shaynowishkung (nicknamed Bemidji) — is home to a diverse population of more than 15,000 people, it serves a regional population of more than 100,000.
Located between three American Indian reservations – Leech Lake, Red Lake and White Earth, students at Bemidji State University have the opportunity to experience a dynamic local culture and history. Bemidji also sits at the center of the legends of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. The famous statues of Paul and Babe greet students as they drive in from the south along Lake Bemidji.
Though quaint and historic, the city offers the urban conveniences upon which college students rely. Bemidji State is conveniently located minutes away from affordable restaurants, cozy coffee shops, grocery stores, city parks and more. Small, locally owned shops and art sculptures line the streets of downtown Bemidji, while national chains can be found in and around the Bemidji area, including an uptown selection of department stores and restaurants.
The thriving downtown community presents ample opportunities for engagement off-campus. Among other things, there are fine-dining restaurants, cafes, and a natural foods co-op in downtown Bemidji. The historic Paul Bunyan Playhouse has a calendar of classic shows; restaurants and lounges offer weekly live music performances; the First Friday Art Walk provides a tour of new monthly art exhibits; and annual events such as the Loop the Lake Festival, the Dragon Boat Festival, the Blue Ox Marathon, Bemidji Winterfest, and The Minnesota Finlandia bring the community together.
For those who love the outdoors, there are wooded, multi-use trail systems within minutes of campus and community parks with walking trails, playgrounds and a skate park. Lake Bemidji State Park and its miles of navigable trails is located directly across the lake from BSU, and the Buena Vista Ski Area — just 12 miles north of campus — offers downhill skiing and BSU-sponsored student transportation in the winter months. Further, the Mississippi River Headwaters is a mere 45 minutes from Bemidji.
For further information, visit our website at: http://www.bemidjistate.edu
Review a "special report on how this former lumber town has rebuilt itself as a high-speed, regional center of enterprise" at Bemidji 2.0
Bemidji State University is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. This document is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities. Consumers with hearing or speech disabilities may contact us via their preferred Telecommunications Relay Service.