South Dakota School of Mines & Technology has an opening for an Accounting in Finance and Administration. This position will work mainly in the student accounts area to ensure financial record keeping and procedures meet acceptable standards. An understanding of professional accounting work and formal accounting principles is vital for this position.
• generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), practices and standards;
• generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS).
• interpret, comprehend and apply laws, rules and regulations for institution, state, federal and a variety of funding agencies;
• research, compile and analyze data, providing high level of accuracy with attention to detail;
• maintain financial records and prepare financial reports; compare information and recognize discrepancies;
• establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors; departmental staff, and the public.
• Communicate information clearly, concisely and accurately to others in person and/or on the telephone, exercising tact, patience, discretion and professional demeanor;
• provide outstanding customer service.
• follow written directions, such as, code books, chart of accounts and procedure manuals;
• prioritize and complete work by established deadlines;
Salary: $17.13 + hourly, depending upon education and experience
South Dakota Mines is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including paid medical and life insurance for our employees, as well as medical, dental and vision coverage for spouses and dependents; retirement plans; paid holidays; and a generous vacation and sick day allowance. Individuals interested in this position must apply online at http://www.sdsmt.edu/employment. Human Resources can provide accommodation to the online application process and may be reached at (605) 394-1203. Review of applications will begin January 10, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. Employment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background investigation.