Under the general supervision of the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement and Communications and the Savannah Technical College Foundation Board of Directors, the Data Management Assistant manages multiple databases to meet the information needs of the college’s Foundation. Generates regular and ad hoc reports for management, staff, and outside customers. Uses independent judgment and initiative to perform administrative and advanced clerical duties in support of the Foundation and the Foundation Board of Directors.
This position will require, but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Supports fundraising and marketing/communication activities for Savannah Technical College.
- Coordinates fundraising projects and assists with implementation of projects for the Savannah Technical College Foundation.
- Maintains databases and records relevant to each fundraising project; enters data consistently, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Reconciles donations/deposits and creates necessary reports.
- Prepares data and reports for presentation to auditors.
- Exercises independent judgment and initiative; maintains confidentiality of sensitive financial and donor information.
- Assists in the daily operation, management and planning activities for the Savannah Technical College Foundation.
- Assists with coordination and execution of meetings and special events.
- Occasionally represents the Executive Director in both internal and external settings.
- Responsible for writing/editing correspondence, marketing/media materials, press releases, reports, proposals and meeting minutes.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others in a team environment; interacts professionally and effectively with VIPs.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, with occasional evening or weekend hours required.
- Completion of an Associate’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field *and* one year of professional experience; OR three (3) years of experience in the field of data management. Experience providing training and support for computer application users.
- Technical experience collecting, organizing and analyzing data, to include generating reports and using spreadsheet applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency with Blackbaud - Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge for Non-Profit strongly desired.
- Experience working with databases, including data entry, integrity, security, and some lower-level programming.
- Experience working in a post-secondary educational system or a non-profit Marketing/Foundation office.
- Experience administering and monitoring budgets, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Specialized training or experience directly related to marketing, event planning or private fund raising.
- Knowledge and experience in the philanthropic communities of Savannah, Chatham, Bryan, Effingham, and Liberty Counties.
Work is typically performed in an office environment with intermittent sitting or walking in various settings. Must frequently lift and carry lightweight objects. Full range of hand and finger motion is utilized for data entry purposes.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Benefits package.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers, and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please include your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, email@example.com. Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver’s License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver’s history report for positions involving state travel.