Position TitleBusiness Analyst Part Time Flex
Internal Position TitleBusiness Analyst
Position TypePart-Time Flex
Job FamilyPart-Time Flex
The PT Flex Business Analyst will support essential technology in Educational Affairs Unit, specifically in the use of PeopleSoft (Oracle) as well as College Scheduler (Civitas). The Business Analyst will have balanced understanding of the department’s business processes and relevant technology and understand how related areas in the College connect to the technology. The Business Analyst is responsible for the functional use, testing, maintenance and compliance of technology and data. For Educational Affairs, this includes helping oversee the development of all college courses and their scheduling, final exams, and related course fees, among other responsibilities.
This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County.
Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
• Bachelor’s Degree with two years of experience in a role with formal technology responsibilities
Associates Degree with four years of experience in an Information Technology role
• Excellent problem resolution skills and diligent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Reflect a positive, high-energy and professional demeanor.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and deliver according to deadlines while handling multiple tasks, ability to exercise judgment, handle confidential information, and function with minimal supervision.
• Ability to problem-solve, analyze information to make informed decisions and/or recommendations.
Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Information Technology-related field.
• Higher Education experience, ideally at an institution utilizing PeopleSoft.
• An innate focus on students and their success.
• An interest in improving existing processes and procedures on a continual basis.
Expected Start Date09/08/2020
Total Hours per week15-20
Monday – Friday
Flexible Hours between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Software Testing RequiredExcel, MS Word
Interview Process RequirementsWriting Samples
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V