The Fermanian School of Business is seeking candidates to teach in its Traditional Undergraduate, Bachelor of Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration programs.
Adjunct faculty members must have knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques appropriate to effective undergraduate or graduate teaching. Adjuncts are also expected to have knowledge of ways to instruct, manage, motivate and evaluate students and do the following:
- Teach undergraduate or graduate courses
- Invest in students
- Participate in institution activities as appropriate
- Involve students in research or professional experience as appropriate
Teach one or more classes in the following areas:
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Project Management
- International Business
- Business Communications
- Business Law
- Organizational Behavior
- Operations Management
- Masters in a specified discipline from an accredited college.
- Commitment to teaching excellence required. A minimum of five years related work experience required.
- One year of teaching experience in higher education preferred.
- Ability to learn Point Loma Nazarene University's online course management system.
- Ability to successfully interact with students, other educators and educational institution representatives, and the general public in a professional manner.
The number of adjunct instructors hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. Please realize that there may not presently be an adjunct position available. When an opening becomes available for which you would be a good match, the department chair will be in contact with you for further dialogue, interviews, etc. Approved applicants will remain in the adjunct pool for the upcoming school year only. To be reconsidered for the following school year, applicant will need to reapply. If hired, official transcripts will be required from all undergraduate and graduate universities attended before a contract is issued.
At the time of completing application, you will need the following documents to upload:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- 2 Letters of References (for confidential references, have letters sent to the Department Chair or email@example.com)
- Unofficial Transcripts for highest degree completed
- 3 Teacher Evaluations (if available)
PLNU is a vibrant Christian liberal arts university in the evangelical, Wesleyan tradition with an undergraduate and graduate student body of around 4000 including over 40% students of color. PLNU seeks to attract an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber, skilled in the practice of teaching and scholarship. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide quality educational and employment opportunities, PLNU actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education.