Carnegie Mellon University is a private, global research university, internationally known in artificial intelligence, the performing arts, business administration, economics and computer science. The Masters of Science in Computational Finance (MSCF) program at CMU is ranked one of the top-ranked quantitative finance programs in the country, is the joint venture between four Carnegie Mellon colleges, the Tepper School of Business, the Math Department in Mellon College of Science, the Statistics and Data Science Department in Dietrich School of Social Sciences and the Heinz College for Information Systems and Public Policy.
The MSCF Career Services department is searching for Quant In-Residence. The Quant in Residence program is designed to provide MSCF graduate students with opportunities to benefit from the expertise and mentoring of a seasoned Financial industry professional to assist them in making a smooth transition into the professional world. Engagement with the industry is a key component in the long-term success of our students. Our Quant-In-Residence (QIR) program aims to augment our students’ educational experience by providing them with opportunities to benefit from the expertise of a seasoned industry professional and assist them in making a smooth transition from the classroom into the professional world of quantitative finance.
As a QIR you will be engaging with our gifted students in providing:
One-on-one coaching and industry input in their career goal setting process.
- Technical advice on the interview processes (via mock interviews and coaching).
- Workshops/group sessions in areas including industry trends, interviewing, professional success, etc.
This is a fixed term, remote position.
- A master’s degree in Quantitative Finance/Financial Engineering, preferably as a graduate of the CMU MSCF Program
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in Quant Finance roles
- A passion to help and educate new quant talent entering the workforce
- Availability to commit an average of 8-10 hrs/week over the span of 2 academic semesters with compensation
- Previous mentoring experience is a plus
Are you interested in this opportunity with us? Please apply.
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Finance / Accounting / Payroll
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York City
Time Type: Part Time
Minimum Education Level: Master's Degree