Employment Terms: This job is a part-time, non-benefited, FLSA Exempt/Professional position in Business Sciences Division that reports to the Program Director- Accounting.
Salary - Targeted salary is paid in a lump sum based on contact hours taught.
Minimum Qualifications: Doctorate or Master’s degree in related field OR Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in hours in accounting.
Preferred Qualifications: A degree from an AACSB or ACBSP accredited business program. Two years college teaching experience (face-to-face and/or online). Experience teaching utilizing the Blackboard Learning Management System or another Learning Management System. Five or more years work experience in Individual Tax Accounting and/or Business Tax Accounting. C.P.A. certification or Enrolled Agent certification are preferred.
Job Description – Teaches, prepares, and delivers lecture and/or lab course material. Prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for general core courses. Evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives. Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports. Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior. Accepts direction and feedback from supervisor and follows through appropriately. Assists with recruitment retention and job placement efforts.
- Prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for specified courses.
- Organize and conduct classes using a variety of learning experiences and activities.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward students.
- Demonstrate current and comprehensive knowledge of the subject areas to be taught.
- Accurately and timely submit required reports.
- Evaluates students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives.
- Communicates students’ progress to student and appropriate personnel and according to established guidelines.
- Accurately records pertinent information in students’ records as required.
- Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports.
- Complies and submits reports in a timely manner.
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
- Works within the system in a resourceful manner to accomplish reasonable work goals; shows flexibility in response to process change and adapts to and accommodates new methods and procedures.
- Accepts direction and feedback from supervisor and follows through appropriately.
- Works when scheduled; begins and ends work as expected; calls in according to policy when arriving late for when or when absent; observes provisions of Fair Labor Standards Act; uses work time appropriately.
- Assists with recruitment retention and job placement efforts.
Actively participates in the retention efforts of the school.
- Performs other duties as assigned in the fulfillment of the needs, philosophy, and purpose of Gwinnett Technical College.
- May be required to act as a Campus Security Authority; Completing all responsibilities and trainings that go along with the initiative.
(N)Never, (O)Occasionally or (C)Constantly
Requires operation, access, or control of financial resources.
Requires having a P-Card.
Driving is a responsibility of this position.
This position will have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care.
This position will have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications).
This position is a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position requires moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position requires the ability to adjust or move objects up to 15 pounds in all directions with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position requires the ability to repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers with or without reasonable accommodation.
This position requires the ability to operate machinery and/or power tools with or without reasonable accommodation.
Operating motor vehicles or heavy equipment with or without reasonable accommodation.
Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
Heavy work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more with or without reasonable accommodation.
Work in outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind.
Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System and Technical Colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices designed to ensure the full realization of equal opportunity. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Lisa Richardson, Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator, 5150 Sugarloaf Parkway, Building 100, Room 323B, Lawrenceville, GA 30043, 678-226-6691, LRichardson@GwinnettTech.edu
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned.