We are seeking a Section Supervisor of the Integrated Warfare Systems Program Area. This position is responsible for ensuring the program financial services operate effectively in support of the Program Area.
As a Section Supervisor, you will:
- Provide supervision to Financial Managers responsible for providing cradle-to-grave business and financial support to the Program Area. Assess Section’s work practices and recommend process improvements that support and enable the Group’s priorities. Assist in recruiting, developing, retaining, and leading of financial managers in line with the Section and Group’s execution priorities. Display aspects of AMDS Leadership roles and responsibilities that align with the APL Leadership Attributes by assisting in the development and implementation of a strategy to achieve the Group vision; create an environment where staff members are engaged, highly motivated and committed; develop and maintain a professional work environment that fosters excellence, emphasizes the value of diversity and inclusion, embraces change, promotes collaboration and innovation, and stimulates professional growth; conduct performance coaching discussions with section staff; setting high standards and consistently holding staff members accountable; and committing to continuous improvement and adapting to an ever changing environment. Perform other personnel related activities as necessary (10%)
- Perform business and financial activities to support APL Program Area Managers and Program Managers on direct sponsor programs. Manage and analyze program funding, resource planning, and financial reporting, keeping stakeholders abreast of potential concerns and risks. Proactively utilize various business applications to analyze program plans and perform financial analysis. Prepare monthly financial reports as required per contract, sponsors and Program Managers. Assist the Program Area Managers and Program Managers in the interpretation of solicitation requirements and with the completion of proposals. Perform a broad range of program administration functions pertaining to contractual/funding issues, and government audits. (70%)
- Assist the Program Area Manager in developing and managing the overall Program Direct Staff Year (DSY) projections. Support Sector level Director Office Reviews (DOR) and Long Range Planning (LRP) process by ensuring and validating that Direct Staff Year (DSY) and Head Count Plans are realistic and achievable. Support the business development process, including review of all Program Area proposals for compliance, accuracy and consistency with execution priorities. Perform quality reviews on financial and program-related documents. Recommend process improvements for cognizant areas. (20 %)
- Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at the time of hire and may change over time.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, financial or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in a business or financial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including excellent oral and written skills to include experience in presenting financial analysis data to all levels of management.
- Highly proactive, self-motivated leader with courage and an appetite for constructive change, and a desire to make impactful contributions.
- Adept at prioritizing multiple demands with competing priorities.
- Experience in Government Contracting Environment specifically providing cradle-to-grave business support to direct projects under government prime contracts.
- Strong commitment to excellence in quality and customer service.
- Able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Master's Degree in a business or related field
- Prior formal line management experience with increasing responsibility; demonstrated leadership and decision-making ability, and a proven track record of successfully leading staff and cultivating relationships.
- Strong understanding of APL’s business systems and business processes and practices.
- Hold an active Secret level security clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates. At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.