Financial Services Representative (LVL 5)
Office of Student Financial Services
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
Under the direction of the Campus Director for Student Financial Services, the Education Finance Senior Representative supports the financial services counselors with all clerical functions, research, regulatory requirements and other tasks as needed.
- Creates and updates reports utilized by staff.
- Generates and performs a quality check on Award Letters, New York State Shopping Sheets & Missing Information Letters.
- Reviews and resolves rejects associated with loan origination, reconciliation, hold and other reject reports.
- Supports Enrollment Services representatives in resolving student questions.
- Handles complex mail merges and document/form updates.
- Responds to student inquiries via phone and email.
- Processes and index incoming student documentation sent via email.
- Assists with training and supervision of work-study students, when delegated.
- Assists in data entry of all financial aid information, as needed.
- Manages assignment of reconsideration requests and send acknowledgement of receipt to students.
- Advises families on the financial aid application processes, and Fordham’s counseling model.
- Fills in for Executive Secretary when necessary.
- May be asked to rotate hours: 9-5, 10-6, 11-7. Possible work at other campuses. Overtime is required as needed and may include weekends and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required. B.A. Preferred.
- Minimum two years of clerical experience
- Experience with Banner, Slate, PowerFaids is a plus, knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Proven administrative skills. Verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to the development of quality customer service.
- Demonstrated Writing Ability
- Mandatory Competency Testing
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER, RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories