Discover Your Career at Emory University:
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Seeking Experienced AP professional for 3 - 4 months -
- Reporting to the Business Manager of Accounts Payable, enters supplier information into the Supplier Master file ensuring data integrity of the set-up and/or changes through TIN Matching and Sanction Checking.
- Responds in a timely manner to inquiries regarding supplier set-up and maintenance.
- Educates staff across campus on Supplier Enablement process and procedures.
- Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer-focused orientation when conducting business and providing services to internal and external customers.
- Processes accounts payable invoices timely and accurately to ensure incurred expenses are recorded in the correct period.
- Analyzes supplier invoices to ensure charges ae accurate, reconciles discrepancies between internal data and invoices, and resolves any issues with the supplier.
- Reconciles supplier statements to ensure accounts remain current.
- Manages the transfer of documents between Emory University and the third-party mail processor.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six months of accounts payable or related experience and some college coursework preferred.
- Knowledge of how Accounts Payable interacts with other Finance departments (e.g. GL & AR) desirable.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture:
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.