Entity/Organization: MUSC Physicians (MUSCP)
Hours per week: 40
Scheduled Work Hours/Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Pay Basis/FLSA: Salaried/Exempt
Qualified candidates will be offered competitive compensation packages within $55,000 - $80,000 per year, based on years of experience.
Job Summary/Purpose: The MUSC Foundation has total assets of over $680 million. Of these assets, approximately $560 million are invested in the Foundation’s Long Term Portfolio ($535 million) and Short Term Portfolio ($25 million). The Foundation’s investable assets are managed by third party money managers in a variety of strategies.
The Foundation’s Long Term Portfolio has a policy allocation of 75% Equity / 15% Diversifying Strategies / 10% Fixed Income. Within these asset classes and strategies, the Foundation invests in traditional equity, venture capital, private equity, distressed debt, direct lending, private real estate, hedge funds, and core fixed income.
Currently, the Foundation’s investment staff is comprised of the CEO, Portfolio Manager, and our external investment consultant. The staff is responsible for following the Foundation’s investment policies and managing portfolios to achieve the investment objectives established by the Foundation’s Board of Directors. The Investment Analyst will assist the CEO and the Portfolio Manager in their duties.
In addition to our investable assets, the Foundation also owns about $80 million of direct real estate where MUSC is the primary tenant
Required Minimum Training and Education: Bachelor’s degree required with zero (0) to four (4) years of finance related experience. Strong academic performance. Keen interest and basic knowledge of investing, finance, accounting, and statistics. Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills. Ability to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis. Clear writing skills. Organized, inquisitive, diligent, and self-directed. High standards of work quality and presentation.
Required Licensure, Certifications, Registrations: N/A
Degree of Supervision: Reports to the CEO
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Investment Research - Works with CEO and Portfolio Manager to:
- Participate in investment manager research and due diligence
- Set up manager calls and meetings
- Document meetings
- Perform quantitative analysis
- Write manager recommendation memos
- Manage the Foundation’s research calendar
- Maintain investment process status worksheets
- Maintain manager due diligence files
- Master analytical tools and databases
- Perform portfolio analysis – asset allocation modeling, risk analysis
- Produce investment presentations
Investment Operations - Works with Portfolio Manager to:
- Check monthly investment reports from managers and consultant
- Collect monthly performance estimates and produce reports
- Monitor the Foundation’s operations email account and coordinate the appropriate responses
- Maintain relationships with investment consultant, custodian, and other service providers
- Coordinate with Foundation staff to build cash flow forecasts
- Monitor cash balances and asset allocation targets
- Recommend periodic rebalancing trades in the investment portfolios and cash accounts
- Coordinate with investment consultant and custodian to complete subscription documents and redemption notices
Investment Operations - Works with CFO and Controller to:
- Assist with monthly fund allocation process
- Perform analysis as directed by CEO
- Assisting when needed
Physical Requirements: Continuous requirements are to perform job functions while standing, walking and sitting. Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, climb stairs, reach in all directions, fully use both hands and legs, possess good finger dexterity, perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders, reach in all directions. Maintain 20/40 vision corrected, see and recognize objects close at hand and at a distance, work in a latex safe environment and work indoors. Frequently lift and/or carry objects weighing 20 lbs (+/-) unassisted. Lift from 36” to overhead 15 lbs. Infrequently work in dusty areas and confined/cramped spaces.