Type: Assistant / Associate / Full Professor of Economics and Finance
Central State University College of Business is uniquely positioned to provide the highest quality business education for our students. The vision of the ACBSP accredited college is to be globally recognized by its stakeholders for preparing graduates for success in business and society. The college is seeking a full-time faculty member to teach in the Business Administration Program under the Finance Concentration and Economics.
About Central State University-College of Business:
Our Mission: The College of Business is committed to providing students with a nurturing educational environment in their personal and professional endeavors. We emphasize academic excellence in teaching, research and outreach in a dynamic global business environment.
The faculty member in the Management Information Systems program should:
- Teach courses as assigned. Minimum teaching load is twelve credit hours per semester (or twenty-four credit hours annually). Courses are delivered face-to-face, online, and hybrid.
- Adhere to all CSU faculty expectations.
- Conduct course(s) as designed and properly administer the Learning Management System.
- Maintain required office hours and provide academic advisement to assigned students.
- Participate in the development, review and improvement of curriculum.
- Participate in Departmental, College-wide, and University-wide committees and activities.
- Maintain currency in teaching discipline and professional memberships.
- Work collaboratively with other faculty on schedule development, marketing events, student and faculty recruitment, retention efforts, and other departmental or college-wide activities.
- Be student focused with a commitment to student success.
- Engage in facilitating courses and providing timely feedback to students.
- Provide personalized and substantive feedback on all student submissions and assignments. Includes feedback on APA format, writing structure, the use of critical thinking skills, and research skills.
- Engage in academic research and other activities related to professional development including grant writing and publishing in academic journals.
- Serve as faculty advisor for a student organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
Minimum Qualifications Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree is required, although a terminal degree is preferred from a regionally accredited university within Economics, Finance, or a closely related field.
- 18 hours of graduate work within discipline is required.
- Professional certifications within related discipline are strongly preferred.
- Minimum two years of teaching experience in areas such as economics, finance, or other related areas.
- Minimum one year of online teaching experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience in discipline area.
- Demonstrate proficiency in popular software tools and learning management systems.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.