If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Internal Posting Close Date: 4/30/2021
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides training, coaching, and performance feedback to direct reports.
- Works with senior management for personnel development within the Financial Aid organization.
- Collaborates with other University leaders, departments, and teams on training and development best practices.
- Works with Training Team to review all curriculum components regularly with subject matter experts.
Manages and Administers Employee Training
- Promotes training programs and supports employee and leader continuing development.
- Uses effective training methods to ensure employees have a suitable understanding of competencies and can demonstrate the proper knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Administers and delivers core training initiatives which may include: WGU’s Core Competency Curriculum, Management/Leadership Skills, Myers Briggs, Prosci, Upenn, and other formal or informal program training.
- Tracks and records participation and progress in areas such as Bridge, LinkedIn Learning, NASFAA credentials, new hire sequences, and leadership and financial aid conferences.
Facilitates Leadership and Employee Development Programs
- Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
- Develops specific training programs to improve service performance.
- Coaches managers, supervisors, and other leaders to enhance their own performance and to improve the performance of employees.
- Designs, develops, and delivers management enhancement and improvement programs to build effective management skills.
- Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development activities.
- Assists in all phases of the content development cycle, including needs analysis, planning, designing, developing, implementing, editing, and evaluating.
- Manages multiple program development projects simultaneously by prioritizing project deadlines.
- Tracks program development life cycles to ensure any problems are addressed, escalated (when needed), and quickly resolved.
- Develops participant and instructor materials (course manuals, workbooks, handouts, job aids, etc.).
- Develops all types of training including self-paced eLearning, instructor-led, synchronous, asynchronous, and in-person training.
Evaluates Training Program Effectiveness
- Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key business indicators.
- Ensures all training and development activities are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision.
- Tracks key business indicators to determine the effectiveness of current training programs.
- Measures transfer of learning from training courses back to the business.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong writing and editing background
- Outstanding communication and relationship management abilities
- Quality content and curriculum development experience
- Instructional design experience and/or portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 4 year combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of progressive management and leadership in supervisor or manager capacity
- 2+ years of leadership and development training or equivalent experience
- General working knowledge of one or more of the following: Learning Management Systems (LMS), Articulate 360, Camtasia or Panopto, and Adobe Suite of products
- Experience with Salesforce and Banner systems preferred
- Attend conferences and professional development training as needed
- Some evening or weekend hours may be required as business needs dictate
- Some travel required for conferences or training