Job Summary: This position reports directly to the College of Nursing’s Assistant Dean of Finance & Administration. The incumbent of this position is responsible for managing the day-to-day financial and business management activities for the assigned College divisions and departments. Ensures the college establishes and maintains adequate internal controls and safeguards for all areas of responsibility and that the college operates efficiently and effectively. Areas of responsibility include budget, procurement, accounts payable, accounts receivable, research administration, human resources, and payroll.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: A bachelor's degree and four years relevant experience in Administrative services, public administration or business management.
Preferred Experience & Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of existing MUSC systems (UMS, Marketplace, PageUp, etc.)
- Proficient with computers and related software.
- Knowledge of administrative and business management principles, practices and procedures.
- Able to plan, organize and direct complex business processes to include business-related information technology, human resources management, and business operations.
- Knowledge of all applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Be self-directed, work well independently or in team environment and be able to work with and maintain confidential information.
- 35% - Assist the Assistant Dean of Finance & Administration in the preparation and management of budgets for the assigned College divisions and departments. Prepare special budget requests for programs or projects. Prepares monthly financial reports and trend analyses. Evaluate and manage financial resources. Review and verify budgetary adjustments and new personnel position requests and monitor expenditures by individual department and division. Analyze and recommend alternative funding and spending options in the oversight. Provide technical assistance in the implementation of State budgetary policy and procedures. Advise the Dean and Assistant Dean for Finance & Administration on all financial matters. Interact with department and division leaders to provide consultative support with planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations. Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to pinpoint potential weak areas. - (Essential)
- 25% - Assist the college’s Human Resource Administrator and act as a liaison with the MUSC Departments of Human Resource Management and Payroll. Generate and when appropriate, approve PEAR forms for all employees for the assigned College divisions and departments including interfacing with external departments and business managers to maintain continuous support particularly relating to grants and contracts. Support the college’s Human Resource Administrator in the oversight and approval of recruitment, hiring, separations for employees, and development and preparation of position descriptions for recruitment and reclassification purposes. Advise administration on salary recommendations and conduct salary and equity studies. Oversee the annual employee evaluation process, ensure position descriptions are up to date in Success Factors, work with administration in the development of pillar goals. Ensure compliance with all HR and Payroll polices providing policy guidance to administration. Provide support to the Assistant Dean for Finance and Administration in the annual faculty contract process. - (Essential)
- 15% - Oversee all procurement and accounts payable activities for the assigned College divisions and departments. Review and approve all purchasing transactions, ensure all transactions are in compliance with Federal, State, and MUSC policies, procedures, and regulations. Ensure all staff involved in procurement and accounts payable activities are properly trained. Serve as the subject matter expert on procurement and accounts payable policies and advise administration and staff appropriately. Establish procedures and workflow for procurement and accounts payable activities. Maintain all required documentation in accordance with MUSC policies, procedures, and guidelines. Serve as P-Card Administrator. - (Essential)
- 15% - Assist the Assistant Dean for Finance & Administration with the development of special programs, projects, and strategic planning initiatives including conducting research, collecting, vetting and evaluating data, and developing financial analyses and models. - (Essential)
- 5% - As assigned, oversee Accounts Receivable including ensuring agreements are in place with practice sites, malpractice insurance is obtained for practitioners, invoices are generated and collected timely, and relevant financial reports are distributed to appropriate parties. - (Essential)
- 5% - Other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform job functions in an upright position. (Frequent) Ability to perform job functions in a seated position. (Frequent) Ability to perform job functions while walking/mobile. (Frequent) Ability to work indoors. (Continuous) Ability to work outdoors in all weather and temperature extremes. (Infrequent) Ability to work in confined/cramped spaces. (Infrequent) Ability to perform job functions from kneeling positions. (Infrequent) Ability to squat and perform job functions. (Infrequent) Ability to perform 'pinching' operations. (Infrequent) Ability to fully use both hands/arms. (Frequent) Ability to perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders. (Frequent) Ability to reach in all directions. (Frequent) Possess good finger dexterity. (Continuous) Ability to maintain tactile sensory functions. (Continuous) Ability to lift and carry 15 lbs., unassisted. (Infrequent) Ability to lift objects, up to 15 lbs., from floor level to height of 36 inches, unassisted. (Infrequent) Ability to lower objects, up to 15 lbs., from height of 36 inches to floor level, unassisted. (Infrequent) Ability to push/pull objects, up to 15 lbs., unassisted. (Infrequent) Ability to maintain 20/20 vision, corrected. (Continuous) Ability to see and recognize objects close at hand. (Frequent) Ability to see and recognize objects at a distance. (Frequent) Ability to determine distance/relationship between objects; depth perception. (Continuous) Good peripheral vision capabilities. (Continuous) Ability to maintain hearing acuity, with correction. (Continuous) Ability to perform gross motor functions with frequent fine motor movements. (Frequent)
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.