- Teach credit and non-credit courses in the field of Construction Trades. This could include core construction skills, Carpentry, HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing. Teach within a flexible training schedule including day and evening teaching assignments.
- As an on-site trainer, work closely with representatives from Southeast Kansas Educational Service Center (Greenbush) and KDOC following their policies and being responsive to student needs.
- Coordinate and teach classes at the Hutchinson Correctional Facility
- Assist students with the HutchCC application process
- Assist students with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Teach at other Hutchinson Community College or company locations as assigned.
- The willingness and ability to obtain NCCEER certification.
- Manage and report student grades and attendance records per college policy.
- This employee in this position may be asked to provide instruction using alternative delivery systems, such as: online, hybrid or video conferencing.
- Prepare and revise course syallbi, instructional materials, and lesson plans.
- Actively participate in program advisory committees as assigned.
- Work as a team member with the Department of Agriculture, Business, Computers and Technology.
- Attend required college meetings and in-service activities.
- Work effectively as a professional within a team setting and professionally represent HCC at customer locations.
- Pursue professional development through pertinent classes, workshops, or seminars.
- Comply with HutchCC policies, procedures and practices.
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of the position.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of the Business and Industry Institute.
- Work experience in the construction trades.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred, or 4000 hours of work experience in the field.
- Teaching/training experience.
- Valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 50 pounds, walking, bending, stooping, carrying, etc.; excellent verbal, written, and listen communication skills; excellent organizational skills; ability and willingness to collaborate; ability to work independently; use appropriate judgment and to apply tact and courtesy in difficult situations; moderate, indoor work environment.
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation. -The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
SALARY and STATUS:
The salary is commensurate with qualifications as determined by the HutchCC administration. This administrative staff position is a 261 day, annual contract, benefit eligible, at-will, and exempt.