The Cashier is responsible for general store related duties including operating a cash register, providing excellent customer service, and maintaining a clean, neat and safe work environment. This position may also be cross-trained and responsible for duties including, but not limited to, sorting, pricing, and stocking merchandise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customers in a friendly and enthusiastic manner.
- Maintain a friendly, helpful attitude toward the customer at all times.
- Assist customers in locating and selecting merchandise.
- Record sales using the cash register while properly packaging merchandise.
- Asks every customer for a Round-up donation, maintains a minimum of 25% round up average.
- Ensure accurate payment collection.
- Maintain proper cash balance in assigned till per over/under policy.
- Maintain the sales floor, merchandise displays and other inventory in a clean neat and safe manner.
- Address customer concerns in a courteous and respectful manner, while following retail policies. Seek assistance of supervisor, when necessary, to resolve concerns.
- Stocks the sales floor with newly processed merchandise, fitting room go-backs, and New Good items as directed.
- Maintains interior and exterior of store in a neat, clean, organized manner (including but not limited to vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, mopping floor).
- Act as a positive member of the team at the store by receiving and providing ideas or concerns to coworkers and management in a timely and supportive fashion.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. This position is required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Previous retail experience preferred
- General math skills required
Goodwill of the Finger Lakes and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Veteran/Disability