Location: Bowling Green, KY Category: Staff Posted On: Thu May 13 2021 Job Description:
Western Kentucky University, a member of Conference USA and a Football Bowl Subdivision NCAA member institution, seeks to hire an individual for the position of Assistant Director of Marketing. This is a 12-month, full-time position. This position will report directly to the Assistant Athletics Director of Marketing and Director of Marketing. Applicants must have a commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all rules and regulations of WKU, Conference USA and the NCAA.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
- Manage and direct all marketing efforts for WKU Women's Basketball, Volleyball and Baseball to include advertising, fan experience, in-game promotions, and game scripts (while assisting with other sports during the academic year)
- Supervise game day staff on all WKU Women's Basketball, Volleyball and Baseball game days
- Develop and implement new strategies to engage fans at all WKU games and events. Identify and develop business partnerships between community groups, university departments, alumni, and other organizations to aid WKU Athletics marketing and sales efforts
- Partner with all WKU affiliated groups including booster clubs, alumni clubs, student groups, and other University contacts to drive awareness and support for all sports
- Manage community relations and community service hours for all athletics staff and student-athletes
- Supervise WKU Red Wave student group while keeping strong relationships with student groups and organizations on campus
- Manage and direct all phases of marketing, event planning and promotions for the Big Red Rascal's Kids Club
- Conduct research on WKU Sports stakeholders (season ticket holders, single-game purchasers, students, Kentucky residents, future fans) for the purpose of creating and developing new revenue generating ideas for the future progress of WKU Athletics
- Oversee WKU Athletics social media accounts: Facebook - WKU Athletics and WKU Big Red; Twitter - WKU Sports, WKU Red Wave and WKU Big Red; and Instagram - WKU Sports
- Assist the Assistant AD of Marketing and the Director of Marketing in supervision of marketing interns and staff including the Mascot Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant AD of Marketing and Director of Marketing.
Knowledge and Skills Considered Essential for Success:
- Must be self-motivated and team-oriented
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Computer experience, especially with desktop publishing (i.e. InDesign and Photoshop)
- The duties and responsibilities of this position must be performed in a competent manner following the highest standards for leadership, professionalism, integrity, accountability, responsibility, cooperation, and customer service
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of two years of marketing experience within an intercollegiate athletics department and/or professional sports organization
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University (WKU) is committed to a policy and practice of providing equal employment and educational opportunities to all individuals. In accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, no form of discrimination or harassment will be tolerated at WKU on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, age, uniformed services, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or physical or mental disability in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify the office of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services (EEO). To request an accommodation, report/express a complaint, or ask questions regarding WKU''s Discrimination and Harassment Policy (#0.2040), please contact Mr. Joshua Hayes, EEO Director/Title IX Investigator/University ADA Coordinator, via email at email@example.com or by phone at (270) 745-5121.
The University is also required to investigate complaints of sex and gender-based harassment, also a form of discrimination, and has designated the Title IX Coordinator as the individual responsible for coordinating the investigation and response to such complaints. The Title IX Coordinator for the University is Ms. Deborah Wilkins, who can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (270) 745-5396. Additional information regarding Title IX is accessible via WKU''s https://www.wku.edu/titleix/ website.