Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development
CSCU is developing a pool of applicants for potential part-time teaching positions in Workforce Development in Business. These openings are for a part-time teaching opportunity within the non-credit division at the College.
Classes may be taught on ground and/or online in day, evening and or weekend in the following area and subjects:
- Financial Education
- Microsoft Office
Under the supervision of Continuing Education, the Non-Credit Lecturer must demonstrate the ability to respond to and work with diverse and varied student populations; support the mission of the College; and meet all teaching expectations, as outlined by the Director of Workforce Development.
Non-Credit Lecturers are needed for courses that run at various times, including part-time, day, evening, weekdays and Saturday. Please indicate in your hiring documents your general availability.
Community College Professionals and Faculty are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong Information technology literacy skills such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams etc.).
Anticipated Starting Date: Continuous open recruitment
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Alternatively, related Industry Certifications will be considered.
- One (1) or more years' teaching experience including using online teaching platforms including but not limited to Blackboard, WebEx and Microsoft Teams.
- Related work experience and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior community college teaching experience.
- Practical experience in the related Workforce Education industry for which you are applying.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the industry trends and workforce needs.
Applicants who do meet the minimum qualifications as stated must put in writing precisely how their experience has prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
Positions will be filled on an as-needed basis, depending on course offerings, enrollment and specific department need. Please indicate in your hiring documents which college(s) you prefer as well as the above areas(s) you are applying to, based on the courses you are qualified to teach, as well as your general teaching availability.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to field phone/email inquiries and confirm receipt of completed applications.