University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Job Title – Financial Analyst
Position #757974 – Requisition 21052
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Finance Office has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Financial Analyst position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family provide the accounting and financial activities for the University. Functions include general accounting, budget, financial analysis and audit, tax and reporting, accounts payable and receivables, government cost reimbursement, contract administration, cashiering, cash management/ banking, investments, treasury and travel audit.
Principal Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed at an advanced or expert level.
Principal Professionals are either work leads over others or are considered a subject matter expert in a particular area.
The Financial Analyst position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service in support to our campus partners and leadership in relation to service centers and other financial analysis to assist with University fiscal operations.
This position will work closely with department customers, Financial Services leadership and campus leadership to provide guidance, financial analysis, tools and training in relation to service centers as well as other areas of financial analysis oversight. The position reports to the Deputy Controller in the Finance Office.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Primary responsibilities include serving as a subject matter expert for the Denver | Anschutz Medical campus for all compliance, policy and cost study expertise.
- Review cost studies submitted from campus departments to ensure they are in line with internal service center policy, financially viable, and that allocations are done appropriately.
- Assist departments in developing sophisticated costing models to ensure all costs are included and assumptions on revenue validated.
- Provide oversight for Schools’ service center financial activity and viability throughout the year.
- Perform other special projects per direction of Deputy Controller regarding financial analysis activities related to campus operations. Responsible for independently performing these analysis and recommending actions from the analysis and interpretations of data, processes and policies.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining the campus policy related to service centers for compliance with federal regulations. Responsible for proactively analyzing other Universities’ policies to keep current with trends in higher education and establishing a peer network with other Universities.
- Analyze auxiliary revenues for UBIT determination. Responsible for making UBIT determinations and working with Deputy Controller and Finance leadership on UBIT identification and tracking policies and process.
- Work with Accountants in Finance in their assistance with cost study reviews. Provide training in cost study reviews and mentoring in growing their financial analysis skills.
- Serve as the Lead Analyst for the iLab billing system used by service centers including leading system implementations with the external vendor for new service centers. Ensure billings are performed timely and accounting allocations are done accurately.
- Reconcile revenue contracts with auxiliary revenues in general ledger.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Deputy Controller or Associate Vice Chancellor for Financial Services and Controller.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits: The approximate salary range is $60,000 - $75,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sara Esau, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:
Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received on or before June 17, 2021. Those who do not apply on or before June 17, 2021 may or may not be considered.