University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Director of Retail Dining.
Applications will be accepted until 6/11/2021.
Why University Enterprises and Events?
As the Director of Retail Dining, you will have the opportunity in this key strategic leadership role to support the mission and goals of the University. We serve more than 15,000 students, faculty, staff and visitors in over 20 different dining establishments daily. Come join our family and help share our enthusiasm for food and hospitality!
What makes Notre Dame special?
The amazing people on our team often cite the great work culture, the distinctive mission, the opportunity to build a career, and comprehensive best-in-class benefits, including a variety of educational benefits for employees, their spouses, and children. (https://hr.nd.edu/benefits/)
What qualities will make you successful in the Director, Retail Dining?
- Ability to infuse a commitment to excellence
- Ability to instill Joy and inspire others
- Creating a coaching culture to raise performance and growth opportunities
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Desire to build strong relationships
What does this role do?
- Provides leadership and stewardship for Retail Dining outlets: Facilitates the efficient and effective operation and stewardship of ND Campus Dining retail operations and resources. Fully accountable for the overall success of financial targets, operations and human capital.
- Fiscal Accountability: Ensures financial accountability by all units. Monitors accounts regularly to ensure compliance with operating budgets. Takes action to correct problems when units exceed tolerances. Identifies and implements ideas that will generate additional revenue.
- Safety: Advises and counsels unit managers concerning safety and sanitation. Monitors unit programs to ensure they are effective and in compliance with state and federal regulations for food and physical safety. Holds managers accountable for compliance.
- Human Resources Management: Supervises Retail Dining managers and team. Ensures that staff are following human resources policies and practices, are acting consistent with the University's core values. Works with Director of Student Dining, Director of Sourcing & Sustainability and Director of People (to be titled) to design and implement staff development programs that maintain and improve the skills and productivity of the staff, including safety, management, culinary and service skills.
- Culinary Development: Works through Executive Chefs to develop training and programs that improve the culinary skills of entire staff, including management.
What is it like to work in UEE?
You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team that values continuous improvement while enriching the journey of friends and family in celebrating the spirit of Notre Dame. You'll be encouraged to try new things, think about creative solutions, ask questions, and make mistakes and learn from them. You will be supported in your desire for well-being, life-work integration, and professional growth & development. You will have opportunities for flexible work schedules and locations.
Exceptional leadership, communication and hospitality skills, along with authentic relationship building skills are critical to motivate and connect with a large and diverse staff and campus partners
Minimum of 5 years experience and oversight of managing over $10 million in annual sales and multiple locations/dining styles. Franchise agreements and experience opening new facilities preferred.
Strong leadership, communication and hospitality skills, along with authentic relationship building skills are critical to motivate a large and diverse staff and build campus relationships.
Solid financial acumen with good understanding of financial expectations, revenue generation strategies, cost controls, sound accounting practices, and profit & loss responsibilities.
Ability to obtain Indiana liquor license.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment StatementThe University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # S21443. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.