Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for providing functional, technical and business analysis for the implementation and on-going support of the ctcLink (PeopleSoft) administrative systems. Serve as the technical resource to all departments in the Finance and Student Financials divisions acting as a resource and liaison between Information Technology (IT) and these divisions.
Be proficient in all aspects of the ctcLink Finance and Student Financials module and work as a liaison among department staff and project stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, prioritize, clarify, validate and document requirements for changes to business processes and information systems in support of department and ctcLink objectives.
The SBCTC Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Project built on Oracle/PeopleSoft, called ctcLink, is a multi-phase, multi-year project that will replace the current legacy system suite for the 34 community and technical colleges and the SBCTC (State Board of Community and Technical Colleges). The ctcLink project is composed of three pillars: Campus Solutions, Human Capital Management and Financial. This position will work in multiple pillars depending on the need and in the different phases of the project.
- Support PeopleSoft system functions, including (but not limited to) Accounting, Financial Services, Purchasing, Budget, Grants and Contracts, Student Financials (Tuition, Waivers, Receivables, Fees).
- Act as functional and technical lead and subject matter expert providing support for the ctcLink Finance pillar and Campus Solutions Student Financials module.
- Evaluate, produce and establish newly formulated procedures necessary for the seamless implementation of ctcLink and other products, technologies, and services.
- Conduct research and resolve problems in relation to processes, and monitor processes to determine areas of improvement.
- Provide ctcLink system and functional configurations within the Finance pillar and Campus Solutions Student Financial modules.
- Provide a leadership role within and between departments ensuring project data cleansing, supplemental systems analysis, reporting requirements, data validation, integration, acceptance testing, query development, and training activities are successfully completed.
- Determine User Acceptance Testing requirements. Schedule testing events, invite attendees and record results. Monitor end user testing proficiency.
- Work closely with SBCTC production support analysts and department employees for issue escalation and resolution.
- Work closely with ctcLink Security project team to develop and implement security/access strategies and solutions as well as data analysis solutions and tools.
- Work closely with College end-users to lead them through the Organizational Change Management activities associated with an ERP implementation and promote continuous improvement and business process analysis within Finance, Student Financials and other departments.
- Assist with the management of the ctcLink project by meeting regularly with stakeholders, leadership and organizational units to share ctcLink status, new business processes and ctcLink business case.
- Work collaboratively with departments and IT project support team to implement and test new software releases and ensure process documentation matches updates and the impact of PeopleSoft updates/upgrades and provide processes for applying them effectively.
- Provide post go-live support by working with SMEs and departments to resolve issues and realize benefits.
- Promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and supporting a teaching, learning and working environment that honors diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Support and advance the EvCC strategic plan, and the goals of the ctcLink project using an Equity lens.
Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and college-level accounting coursework.
Five years of work experience in Finance, Financial Aid and/or Enrollment Services departments.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand problems from a broad, interactive perspective to determine applicable underlying principles to develop strategic solutions.
Demonstrated ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written and presentation format and use consultative and facilitation skills to gain consensus.
Experience providing and supporting quality customer service.
Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure in high stress situations.
Demonstrated computer skills and database management.
Demonstrated ability to train campus stakeholders in the use of the technology and updated business processes.
Ability to facilitate discussions with stakeholders around design and reinvention of processes.
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others as a team member, a mentor, and a trainer.
Experience working with and maintaining confidential information.
The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, community and technical college system.
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Relevant experience using PeopleSoft or a similar ERP system.
- Knowledge of relational databases and strong data analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience using an IT customer support tracking system to manage and provide excellent customer service.
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials.
- Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person.
Work Hours: Regular business hours will be Monday through Friday and Summer schedule is Monday through Thursday. May be required to work an alternate work schedule based on project needs.
Posting Date: 06/01/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Everett Community Colleges mission is to educate, equip, and inspire each student to achieve personal and professional goals, contribute to our diverse communities and thrive in a global society. Furthermore, the Colleges vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold equity, cultural competence and inclusion. We are committed to hiring a Business Analyst that exemplifies the vision, mission and core values of our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
Notice to Applicants
Prior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicants suitability and competence to perform in the position.
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCCs policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.