Who we are: Davenport University is a private, non-profit university focused on offering a practical curriculum and the latest degree programs. Our graduates are prepared to exceed employer expectations, transform communities, and change lives. At Davenport, we believe every person may achieve his or her dream. Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
Donald W. Maine College of Business
The College of Business prepares students for positions of leadership in both existing organizations and new ventures. We are proud of our reputation for academic rigor and quality programs resulting in strong employment prospects for our students. Faculty is committed to its tactical approach in the assessment of student performance, continuous curricular improvement and innovation to meet present and future employment demands. The principles of entrepreneurship play a central role in the design of our programs helping to sustain a culture of innovation for our students and faculty. We are committed to providing opportunities for the application of knowledge through experiential learning, requiring every graduate to complete an internship or a course-based field experience project.
Adjunct Faculty-Grand Rapids-Finance
WORK LOCATION: Grand Rapids - Lettinga Campus
DEPARTMENT: Academic-College of Business
Our Adjunct Faculty members are a very valuable asset to the DU team and programs, bringing practical experience, current working knowledge, and a passion for their profession to our students who have diverse interests, abilities, needs and expectations.
- Demonstrated knowledge in assigned teaching discipline.
- Teaches courses as contracted each session and proactively prepares for scheduled courses.
- Provide instructional opportunities for entire scheduled class time.
- Contribute positively to the advancement of academics through:
- Understanding the Davenport University curriculum.
- Preparing instructional course syllabi and materials.
- Providing input and feedback on selected textbooks, instructional resources and electronic materials.
- Use of digital learning technology including learning management system (eg. Blackboard), publisher provided digital resources and other technology as required.
- Conduct classes in accordance with established course outlines and approved instructional materials.
- Guide students in their educational processes by referring them for assistance regarding their program/schedules, academic progress, specialized services within the University, and/or up-to-date information about educational/occupational opportunities.
- Be accessible to assist students with questions and in completion of assignments as delineated in the course syllabus, including ADA accommodations.
- Access information on current issues through University communications (i.e. e-mail and print correspondence, website, and publications).
- Engage with various college and campus activities including attendance at a faculty kick-off, advisory board and other meetings as requested.
- Maintain all records-student/classroom/department (i.e. grades, attendance, Excellence System, etc.)- in compliance with University guidelines.
- Maintain and demonstrate a positive approach that provides for innovation, personal growth and professional development.
- Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
- Maintain and demonstrate a high level of professional ethics.
- Participate in adjunct faculty evaluation process as determined by the University.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent credentials) in related field required.
- Minimum of eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in assigned teaching discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years current professional experience related to assigned teaching discipline.
- Relevant/Current certifications/licenses as required by teaching assignment.
- Ability to teach one (1) to four (4) hours per class session.
- Enjoy working with the public and be able to relate well with diverse students, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrate a professional manner and attire in a business environment.
- Demonstrate effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication behaviors.
- Demonstrated effective knowledge and use of presentation, facilitation, and technology skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze data, and read/process written information.
- Teaching experience (preferably in higher education or training) and/or experience in planning/developing courses preferred.
- Prolonged sitting and standing.
- Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain).
- Ability to lift classroom materials, etc. up to twenty-five (25 pounds.)
Benefits and Perks:
- A workplace that is meaningful, fulfilling, and enriching; a place where you can grow your career, as well as make a lasting impact on students, fellow co-workers, and the communities in which we serve.
- Variable pay range based on education level, teaching experience at DU, and class level.
- Flexible hours while earning additional income.
- Tuition Remission
- Davenport 403(b) Retirement Plan – make pretax contributions to the DU retirement plan directly from your DU paycheck.
- Access to Professional Development
- Free Parking – Free parking permit each academic year.
- Library Services – onsite and virtual
- Fitness Center Access – full use of the fitness center, athletic courts, and the indoor track that is located in the student center on the W.A. Lettinga Campus.
- Athletic Pass to DU Sporting Events
- Bookstore/On-line Spirt Store Discount.