Cleary University seeks passionate and student-centered accounting instructor who is engaging and intrinsically motivated to create meaningful, transformational, and dynamic learning experiences in an on-ground and online learning environment. We are seeking creative, innovative, and adaptable instructors who understand the level of technical engagement, personal investment, and technology-integrated approach needed to connect with our students in all learning environments. Cleary is specifically looking for professionals who are tech savvy, possess a high-level of self-assuredness, and are dedicated to playing a critical role in the personal, cognitive, and social growth of students.
The ideal candidate is a student-focused and engaging professional who:
- Creates unique active learning experiences for all students
- Continuously seeks opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Utilizes personalized video, digital technology, podcasts, and multimedia to communicate, enhance content and material, and create active learning activities with on-ground, multiformat, and online students
- Utilizes student-centered and active learning techniques to build long-lasting skill sets
- Is intrinsically motivated to personally connect with distance students
- Enjoys working collaboratively with other faculty members, departments, and staff to develop a meaningful experience for students
- Possesses natural people and communication skills
- Creatively implements methodology and activities that promote critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity
- Is enthusiastic about education for diverse, entrepreneurially-minded, global, multi-cultural students
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in the appropriate field is required.
- Professional background in business accounting. Must possess CPA.
- Prior higher education teaching experience is preferred.
- Able to communicate with students on a daily basis.
- Create personal videos, podcasts, or other media on a weekly basis.
- Provide additional resources and content knowledge on a weekly basis.
- Digital communication skills and can utilize instructional technologies.
- Highly engaging and passionate about education.
- Out of the box, innovative, creative thinking skills.
- Natural communication skills.
DUTIES | RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize Canvas (LMS) engagement tools and video, digital communication, and content development features to deliver course content and maintain and record classroom attendance, grades, and assignments according to institutional standards.
- Personally connect with online students via video, voice, or in-person weekly.
- Direct active, classroom activities with students.
- Utilize group work and collaboration techniques to build student relationships and belonging.
- Practice interactive pedagogical techniques to engage students and enhance the student experience in the classroom.
- Regularly schedule office hours (minimum of 1 hour per week for each 3 credit hour course) and / or be available online to students on a regular basis.
- Actively engage students in dialog and communication to form connections and build positive, lasting student/faculty/University relationships.
- Assess student learning based on institutional outcomes, course goals and objectives in an unbiased, timely, and respectful manner.
- Implement relevant, creative, and effective teaching methodologies to engage learners and inspire original thinking, problem solving, and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Present course disciplines through the filters of global sustainability, environment, AI/IT, communications, and ethics.