The Jack Welch Management Institute at Strayer University is seeking adjunct faculty members with the passion to mentor, coach and transform the lives of our students in the area of New Business Ventures and Entrepreneurship.
Provides the highest quality education and maintains high standards of academic excellence in teaching assigned courses in the discipline. Conducts office hours as assigned.
- Terminal degree (Doctorate Degree) in a business-related field/Finance and/or Operations Management/Marketing/Entrepreneurship required with experience working in and teaching New Business Ventures and/or Entrepreneurship.
- Experience in once or more of the following areas is a plus: Raising Capital, Company Startup, M&A, Public Traded Company
Criteria for JWMI include:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of executive, senior level management/leadership experience required, preferably in the field of New Business Ventures and/or Entrepreneurship.
- A deep understanding and an appreciation for Jack's management philosophy
- The ability to both coach and instruct adult learners in an online environment
- Experience with the adoption of new technology and tools
- The ability to do occasional synchronous work with students
- Commitment to student success
- Maintain smooth course operation and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Attend faculty meetings and discipline workshops as required.
- Participate in early registration activities; retention, early degree completion.
- From an accredited institution a Terminal degree (Doctorate Degree) is required
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Demonstrated mastery of academic administration
- Demonstrated mastery of academic technology
- Demonstrated mastery of academic evaluation
- Mastery in oral presentation skills, planning and organizing of course objectives
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Professional certification in discipline specialty (if applicable)
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
Must be able to travel 0 % of time
Must be able to lift 2 lbs.
About our programs:
The Jack Welch Management Institute at Strayer University delivers an integrated 12-course MBA for working managers, along with non-degree six-week Certificates in Leadership and Strategy. The Jack Welch Management Institute online MBA is designed to be completed in 18-24 months while working full time.
Our faculty team works together in delivering a high quality integrated curriculum. Monthly meetings and frequent professional development opportunities ensure we are coordinated and qualified to fully engage our students and help them earn meaningful degrees and change the trajectory of their business careers.