All Job Postings will close at 12:01a.m. CST (1:01a.m. EST) on the specified Closing Date (if designated).
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application progress will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Job Posting Title:
Instructor or Assistant Professor of Accounting
LSUE AA - HSBT - Business Technology (Dorothy McDonald (00005723) (Inherited))
LSU - Eunice
The Instructor or Assistant Professor of Accounting is responsible for the development and instruction of course materials in the field of Accounting and other business related fields as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development of first and second year course materials in the field of accounting and finance which entails but is not limited to; timely submission of course syllabus' and supporting course materials to Division.
- Instruction of first and second year course materials in the field of accounting and other related business courses which entails but is not limited to; timely communication of all grades to students and the Division and timely submission of Student Learning Outcomes to the Division.
- Office hours, student advising, career fair participation, student progress monitoring, and degree transcript tracking.
- Create and maintain private business and industry professional relationships to aide in the placement of students in internships and/ or work study.
- Participate in University sponsored activities, committees, and programs as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master's degree in accounting or related field from a regionally accredited institution OR Master's degree in unrelated field plus 18 credit hours in accounting from a regionally accredited institution
Ph.D. in accounting or related field from a regionally accredited institution
Teaching experience both in-person and on-line of accounting, finance, and other related business fields.
Experience with curriculum development incorporating the use of a variety of delivery methods to optimize learning.
3 years of teaching experience both in-person and on-line of accounting, finance, and other related business fields.
3 years of experience with curriculum development incorporating the use of a variety of delivery methods to optimize learning.
Starting salary: $40,000 - $43,000
Additional Job Description:
All applicants must submit a letter of application, resume, copies of official transcript(s), and three professional references including name, title, phone number, and e-mail address. Please attach all documents under the Resume/CV section of your application. Original transcript(s) are required prior to hire.
July 8, 2021
Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date Specified):
Additional Position Information:
Background Check - An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Benefits - LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
Essential Position (Y/N):
LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see LSU’s Diversity Statement and Roadmap . Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resource Management ( email@example.com ).
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu