Assistant Director, Student Accounts
Office of Student Financial Services, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
Under the direction of the Senior Assistant Director of Student Accounts, the Assistant Director of Student Accounts: directs and manages the customer service area; assists in timely and accurate billing, including coordination and processing of third-party billing; provides leadership and oversight to the department staff, focusing on, but not limited to assuring customer satisfaction with student financial services, assisting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, and maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Manages Customer Service functions, i.e. staff scheduling, follow-up to determine all contacts are recorded, and adequately resolved.
- Collaborates closely with other members of the Student Financial Services management team, as well as the Enrollment Group managers, in support of the University’s mission and enrollment goals.
- Handles escalation of inquiries.
- Provides daily management of various Student Accounts functions.
- Provides supervision, training, and support for Student Accounts clerical staff.
- Handles phone and in-person traffic as needed.
- Provides outreach and counsels students/parents regarding various financing options.
- Maintains documentation as proof of due diligence, including loan disclosures and refund compliance.
- Assumes responsibility for reconciliation of US Steel, and Pfizer Loan programs to the General ledger on a monthly basis.
- Processes 1098-T requests.
- Performs as liaison for Chase Smart Scholars and Tuition Stabilization Plan programs.
- Provides presentations for undergraduate/graduate workshops and orientations.
- Works occasionally at Fordham University’s Lincoln Center and Westchester campuses; some evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Participates in professional development workshops.
- Performs other tasks and duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts or Business
- Three (3) years of diverse experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL, billing, auditing, and general accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of various software and databases including but not limited to, ACCESS, Banner, PowerFaids and WebFocus preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to quality customer service.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories