Depends on Qualifications
Business, Arts & Sciences
9/1/2021 5:00 PM Eastern
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Assist with course development of Accounting and Finance courses required for the program.
Provide effective instruction to students by preparing for each learning experience, providing supplemental materials to enhance lessons, and using effective evaluation methods to evaluate student performance in courses.
Stay current in chosen field and teaching methodology by meeting or exceeding all institutional professional development guidelines, participating in professional development workshops and seminars.
Maintain accurate records such as attendance, grades, information for accreditation, and other important data and submit reports according to college policies.
Support student learning outside of the classroom by holding regular office hours, providing information about additional college resources, and responding to emails and phone calls in a timely manner to promote student success.
Participate in program advisory committees, attending departmental meetings, and serving as backup for other faculty members.
Promote the success of the college by participating in standing committees and following college professional and ethical guidelines.
Example of Duties
- Develop Accounting and Finance courses
- Teach a variety of accounting courses and maintain proper record keeping.
- Teach online, face-to-face, and hybrid instruction at ACC primary location and off site locations, such as area high schools.
- Create and carry out lesson plans to ensure industry relevant content in courses.
- Assess student learning outcomes.
- Recruit and advise students.
- Assess enrollment trends and gather feedback from evaluations and observations for continuous improvement with class lectures, content, and student success.
- Develop course syllabi and classroom content evaluation tools.
- Assist with student advising, planning, and recruiting at events both on and off campus.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Accounting or a master's degree and 18 graduate credit hours in Accounting
- Experience teaching introductory and advanced accounting courses
- Teaching experience in higher education
- Online teaching experience including knowledge of Moodle.
- Teaching a variety of courses in Accounting based on qualifications through an accredited degree and work experience.
An ACC on-line application MUST be completed for full consideration for the position. Applicants should provide: a statement to include their philosophy of teaching and learning as it relates to the community college setting, a required letter of interest, and transcript.
Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Applicants called for an interview will be requested to present a fifteen-minute lesson on a subject chosen by the screening committee.
The position reports to the Department Head of Accounting and Business Administration and will work in conjunction with the curriculum program.
Based upon assigned class schedules which may include; days, evenings, weekends and break periods as required.