Are you a creative strategic thinker who is collaborative, productive and eager to contribute to a growing business?
Do you dream of a better future – for yourself, for your career, for society?
Consider joining the Heller Fundraising Group team and having a powerful impact on many nonprofits.
If you are our Business Development Director…
- You have years of successful nonprofit experience directly engaging and soliciting donors
- You know how to get a response to a request for a meeting or conversation
- You are excited about pivoting to use your donor fundraising skills to connect with nonprofits about their fundraising needs, and offer our services
- You are respected and well-known by a large network of nonprofit leaders who would be excited to hear about your new role
- You are enthusiastic, ambitious, engaging, intelligent, and results oriented, an A-player with high integrity and impeccable ethics
- You truly love prospecting, meeting new people, and are very responsive.
Heller Fundraising Group guides nonprofits to raise money while strengthening their strategic and financial assets. We have unlocked powerful fundraising secrets so that our clients raise more money than ever before. We believe that we can work toward a world with greater abundance for all.
More about the Position
Position Location: Primarily Remote (see notes below)*; Must be living in the NYC area.
The Business Development Director will lead our sales growth in the nonprofit sector, enabling us to have maximum impact for a better world. The position requires an experienced fundraising professional with a track record of success in capital campaigns, fundraising strategies, and individual donor relationships.
The Business Development Director will work closely with our current leadership and consulting partners to build our client portfolio. The ideal candidate has experience influencing others and working with people at a senior level. Previous consulting and/or business experience is a strong plus, but not required.
This role includes significant opportunity for professional growth as an integral member of an entrepreneurial, creative business environment. All of our employees have chosen to join our team because the Heller Group will improve their life in some important ways. Are you next?
- Ongoing networking and relationship development to build prospective client pipeline;
- Manage conversion from prospect to client relationship;
- Reporting regularly to Peter Heller, the Company Founder;
- Meet monthly metrics of performance, to be determined together with the Founder;
- Managing the proposal development process with our proposal writer (subcontractor);
- Contribute to our social media with posts and articles;
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the consulting team.
- A desire to have a long-term impact at the Heller Group based on your personal investment of time and energy to yield personal, professional, and societal benefits;
- Possess a strong combination of strategic and creative brain power that does not shy away from challenges or risks and rewards of a small entrepreneurial business;
- Demonstrated success in securing significant major gifts;
- Solid experience with capital campaigns and feasibility studies;
- A proven ability to inspire others in building strong and productive nonprofit relationships;
- Strong, active, network of nonprofit contacts in leadership positions;
- A project management style based on open, solution-oriented, and inclusive decision-making, that guides our clients to create their own solutions;
- An excitement about meeting new strategic challenges with creativity;
- Enthusiastic about team collaboration and working remotely;
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in non-profit major gift fundraising and campaigns is required;
- Bachelor’s degree at minimum;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, etc.), facility with current business management software and relational databases.
More About Our Company
The Heller Fundraising Group is committed to a diverse and inclusive world, building abundance through our impact at the nonprofits we serve.
We are a successful and growing NYC-based fundraising consulting company. Our firm advises nonprofit organizations on powerful fundraising strategies. Since our founding in 2004, we have served approximately 100 organizations, from Florida to Maine and beyond, guiding them to raise millions of dollars.
Our team members work from home, meeting in-person or via video for team and client meetings. We are fully committed to our clients, we work hard and intelligently, and we honor the human need for rest and play.
We specialize in
- Capital Campaigns
- Feasibility and planning studies
- Major gifts programs
- Development office assessment and best practices
- Solicitation training for board and staff members
We build abundance for our nonprofit clients through customized consulting and training for successful capital campaigns, insightful feasibility studies, and prosperous major gift programs.
Our Seven Core Values
Ability to Dream, Humor, Optimism, Integrity, Bravery, Composure, and Gratitude.
Salary commensurate with experience between $125,000 - $175,000 with opportunity for upward compensation adjustments. Competitive benefits package. Opportunities for bonuses and employee perks.
1. Covid conditions permitting, the interview process will include in-person interviews in Manhattan.
2. Due to Covid, the position is currently 100% remote. In coming months and years we expect to return to in person client meetings and monthly team meetings making the position approximately 65% remote. It turns out that human interaction is good for you!