Job TitleBusiness Services Assistant
Position StatusPart Time
Grant Funding Sourcen/a
DepartmentDT Business Services
Provides administrative, computer, and customer service skills in the performance of a variety of duties to maintain accounting records and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs customer service duties, such as assisting students, faculty and staff in person, by telephone or email
• Processes payments and petty cash; balances cash drawers
• Assists with all HigherOne customer service related issues
• Corresponds with payment plan company and collection agencies in order to maintain current and past tuition and miscellaneous accounts
• Computes and records charges and refunds
• Processes miscellaneous deposits
• Distributes employee timecards and paychecks
• Distributes and receives keys from faculty, staff, and administrators; receives lost and found items and distributes claimed items
• May assist with refunds, collections, student allocation of military benefits, and 1098T inquiries.
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• Two (2) years of customer service and cash handling experience
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team-centered environment
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Proficiency in use of calculator, keyboarding and ten-key by touch
• Experience working with computerized systems
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week.
Applicants must be available to work between 2:30p.m. – 7:15p.m. Monday – Thursday.