Application Deadline: Search will continue until 3:00 PM on October 19, 2021.
General Information: J.F. Ingram State Technical College is a postsecondary correctional education institution with centers located in Deatsville (Main Campus), Julia Tutwiler Prison, Draper Institutional Site, Alabama Therapeutic Facility (ATEF), Donaldson Correctional Facility, Bibb Correctional Facility, and
the Thomasville Regional Daily Reporting Center. Its mission is to provide quality educational services to individuals incarcerated in central Alabama’s correctional facilities. The student population served is diverse in age, race, educational, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
Qualifications: An Associate degree from a regionally accredited college or university; one (1) year of teaching and/or training experience is required. A Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited college or university; experience in business or industry is preferred.
Summary: All duties performed under the direct supervision of the Director of Reentry Services and/or Dean of Students. The Reentry Skills instructor will teach financial literacy, entrepreneurial, and essential skill classes and other pre-employment related programs for reentry success. This position may require day, evening, and/or weekend assignments, as well as working at off-campus sites.
• Teaches financial literacy, entrepreneurial, and essential skill classes and training courses using instructional methods geared toward the adult learner in a classroom setting. Plans lessons and presents curriculum based on the learning needs of culturally diverse and multi-skill level
students, which introduces students to the skills and requirements of small business ownership and operations,
• Plans and prepares relevant and practical class lessons and monitors student performance,
• Effectively presents technical information to groups in a classroom lab or distance learning environment,
• Implements a variety of instructional delivery methods that include remote, group, or individualized instruction, as well as, computer programs that help students prepare for the challenges of small business ownership and operation,
• Creates a climate that encourages and supports learning,
• Completes and maintains appropriate student registration, attendance, and assessment records, and ensure timely submission of data for reporting purposes,
• Maintain and updates an inventory of materials on hand for all classes,
• Works independently when required and takes the initiative to seek out tasks that need to be completed,
• Possesses an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and mission of a community and technical college,
• Possesses a sensitivity and commitment to cultural diversity,
• Complies with any applicable guidelines and policies set forth by the Alabama Community College System, and J.F. Ingram State Technical College
Salary Range: Appropriate placement on the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees Hourly Wage will be determined based upon the number of years of related full-time verified experience. D2 ($24.50 - $38.74 per hour)
NOTE: All applicants will receive a copy of the approved job description, which will include details of
duties and responsibilities. More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search process.
Application Procedure: Application forms are available from the following website: https://istc.edu/employment/
Important Note! Only completed application packets will be considered. If an application deadline is specified, the College must receive all material before the deadline. If an interview is required, applicants must adhere to the College’s interview schedule, travel at their own expense, and willing to complete additional required application material. Interviews may include a prescribed question and answer session and may include a writing assignment, and/or a demonstration of job-related and teaching skills. All application material received will permanently become part of the College’s search files and will not be returned to the applicant. A separate application packet must be submitted for each position being applied for. Questions can be sent by email to Andrea Richardson, Coordinator of Human Resources at email@example.com, or call 334-290-3251.