Director I #11859 - Grants Accounting
Tracking Code : 1550-666
Job Location : Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Position Type : Full-Time/Regular
Offering more than 100 certificate, associate and bachelor’s degree programs, Daytona State College (DSC) has responded to the education and workforce training needs in our region for more than 60 years. The college enrolls nearly 25,000 students annually at its seven instructional sites, with graduates serving in critical fields including health care, emergency services, business, education, hospitality, engineering, technology and more.
DSC is consistently ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. The online Nursing and Engineering Technology degrees are ranked as the No. 1 most affordable programs of their kind, Study.com lists DSC as one of Florida’s Top Online Colleges and Schools, covering all accredited universities and colleges in the state, and our Elementary Education Teacher Prep Program was recently ranked among the best in the country by the National Council on Teacher Quality. Additionally, the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center has ranked DSC among the top 50 most affordable public four-year institutions in the country, with tuition that is less than half the national average. And for three years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has ranked DSC among its Top Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. DSC is a student-centered institution committed to open access, excellence in teaching and learning, and, foremost, student success. The College offers a full range of social and cultural activities that include our internationally recognized Southeast Museum of Photography, a state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic facility, an athletic program with 10 varsity sports, and a performing arts center that hosts theatrical, musical and dance productions throughout the year. Admission to most of these events is free for DSC employees.
We currently have an opportunity to join our team of talented and diverse Faculty and Staff as a Director I.
Required Qualifications: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or a closely related field and five (5) years of grants accounting or closely related work experience.
Desired Qualifications: A master’s degree is preferred.
This is a twelve (12) month administrative position with a competitive salary dependent upon knowledge, skills and experience.
Posted Date: 11/9/2021 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Application review will begin 11/17/2021
Rewards package, features:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Free wellness membership at our Lemerand Center
- Education Reimbursement and Professional development opportunities
- Gathers and maintains information to support periodic and special reports documenting activities and events for assigned area. Maintains record system for area of responsibility (i.e. accurate grant files and accounting records); processes daily paperwork including reports, memos, and requisitions.
- Oversees, reviews, and approves expenditures for assigned area; provides fiscal data for the preparation of the annual budgets; prepares financial documents and reports. Manages accounts for specific budgets and projects; provides documentation and interpretation for audits for area of responsibility.
- Routinely monitors Grant spending and addresses fiscal spending concerns with Project Managers, including review of travel requests, vendor invoices, employee action forms (EAF), etc. Assists Resource Development Office and Project Managers with financial questions and spending guidance regarding Grant or Contract.
- Year-end responsibilities include Restricted Fund analysis, set up of Other Governmental Receivables, analysis and adjustment of indirect costs, or other assigned schedules to support the College's annual financial report. Includes variance analysis of Fund 2 Restricted Fund.
- Year-end responsibilities also include preparation of the Schedule of Federal Awards (SEFA) for inclusion in DOE annual report and reconciliation of revenue to Department of Education Cash Advance System.
- Month end responsibilities include assigned Fund budget to actual analysis, preparation of budget amendments and journal entries in software or via journal/budget upload tool, assuring correct use of DOE Accounting Manual chart of account codes and subfunds.
- Coordinates with academic/college community to conduct ongoing effort to determine needs of area of assignment as a basis for developing programs, activities, and projects; plans and forecast program needs.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for area of responsibility.
- Attends or conducts staff and other professional meetings to exchange information, attends professional seminars or conferences to improve professional skills or assist with programs.
- Cross-train with co-workers to provide adequate support for the Department.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned and directed by the President or their designee.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Successful candidates must have a working knowledge of accounting principles, practices and reporting requirements; knowledge of accounting software and database data extraction and provide a high degree of computerized accounting experience. He or she must have the ability to work with accounting personnel as well as other departments to gain information and ensure accuracy of accounting transactions; applicants must have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application at www.DaytonaState.edu/hr. Applicants may also upload his/her cover letter, resume and transcripts of all degrees and coursework. Application must include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. If formal education occurred at an international institution, a copy of the degree evaluation must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. Candidates will not be considered if copies of transcripts (and / or third party evaluations) are not furnished by the position closing date. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks are required.
For more information, please contact us at 386.506.4505 or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu
Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities during the application and interview process. To request accommodations, contact 386.506.4505.