Under general supervision and procedural control, this position administers accounts payable for Inver Hills Community College ensuring that invoices and payment requests are handled in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Federal, State, local, and MnSCU policies and procedures. The position insures all materials and services have been received and that all payments are processed in accordance with applicable rules and regulation of the State of Minnesota and the policies of Minnesota State and the College. In addition, this position will also be accountable for posting payments to the appropriate accounts, cost centers and object codes in the college system (ISRS) system. Position also responsible for processing of employee business expense reimbursements.
• Accounting procedures sufficient to post, code and process accounting documents.
• Basic accounting and business principles sufficient to monitor, collect and analyze data and implement minor procedural and transactional changes in fiscal operations.
• Arithmetic and mathematics sufficient to compute the totals, averages and percentages of numerical data and to check or reconcile data.
• Office procedures, methods, equipment, a variety of financial software products, and the state’s accounting system sufficient to input and access information in computer systems and identify and adjust for potential problems.
• Law, policies, procedures and Legislative Auditor and Department of Finance requirements for handling and depositing state funds.
• Use a variety of office equipment such as calculators, personal computers and scanners.
• Read and comprehend a variety of materials and follow detailed instructions.
• Provide courteous and efficient service and communicate effective with internal and external customers sufficient to explain policies and procedures and deal with complaints from clients who may be hostile, confused or agitated.
• State and MnSCU purchasing/procurement guidelines and policies/procedures on obligations and payments.
• SWIFT, the State accounting system
• Chart of account relationships between cost centers and general ledgers
• Meet required deadlines accurately and adapt to change.
• Understand transactions and ensure compliance with applicable polices and contracts.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Effective communication skills and interpersonal relations skills
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651/450-3371.