The University of Nevada, Reno is recruiting for a Senior Director, Accounting and Business Services in the Facilities Services Department (FSD). This position is responsible for directing, planning, managing, and overseeing the activities and operations of the FSD accounting, human resources, safety, space, systems administration, and business operations services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team to set priorities, goals, and key performance indicators;
- Represent the FSD before a variety of campus students/staff/faculty groups, as well as neighborhood advisory boards and other local agencies;
- Oversee and participate in the development, preparation, coordination, and presentation of the department budget, capital improvement budget, and internal fiscal control measures; develop and present financial forecasts and historical information; monitor operation expenses; exercise fiscal control;
- Oversees project accounting for all University capital improvement projects; ensures funding plans are in place, funds are expended within restrictions, retention payments and close out are executed per policy, and project reporting is completed
- Oversee systems administrator functions for department-wide software programs, including project management, space management, and computerized maintenance management systems;
- Oversee management of human resources and safety services including classification, compensation, recruitment, training, labor relations, employee relations, incident investigations, and records;
- Oversee the management of document control and space management program
- Collaborate with all management staff to identify and deliver required administrative support operations for the FSD;
- Analyze, identify and implement business process efficiencies, including development and implementation of internal processes and procedures to ensure compliance;
- Analyze departmental communication needs and develop strategic communications plans and programs to meet those needs;
- Promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace; manage and implement diversity and inclusion strategies and programs;
- And other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Associate Vice President, Facilities Services.
Bachelor’s Degree and six (6) years of related work experience; OR
Master’s Degree and four (4) years of related work experience
- Progressively responsible managerial experience in business operations
- Progressively responsible accounting experience
A valid Class “C” driver’s license or higher operator’s license is required within 30 days of appointment.
Candidates with demonstrated high-level management experience and a strong financial accounting or similar background are encouraged to apply”.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
The typical work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; this is subject to change based on organizational needs.
This position is designated as Essential Personnel. In the event of a campus emergency, special event, closure to maintain campus safety or building operations, this position may be required to work outside of regularly scheduled hours.
Administrative Faculty – D
To view the salary schedule for this position, please visit: Salary Schedules and select Administrative Faculty by Grade. Salary is competitive and commensurate with related education and experience.
Our retirement plan is beyond compare. Your 15.50% contribution is generously matched by the University. With the faculty retirement plan, you are 100% vested your first day. Sit back and watch your retirement dollars grow! All permanent employees on an annual "A" or "B" contract who are employed at least 50% full-time are eligible to participate in the NSHE retirement program unless they are members of PERS of Nevada.
“I had no idea the values of the faculty retirement plan when I joined UNR. On my first day, I found out I was fully vested in my contributions and the companies 15.5% matching. I have watched my retirement grow over the years, not only in contributions, but with investments. It is hard to put into words how appreciative I am to feel so secure in my future” – Michelle B.
Perks of Working at UNR!
- Health insurance options including dental and vision - Health Insurance
- Generous annual and sick leave, life insurance and long-term disability – Faculty Benefits
- E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center offers an annual or semester membership and family membership options. E.L. Wiegand Fitness Center
- Reno is proud to be a University town! Many local businesses offer discounts to WolfCard holders
- Mountain EAP employees (and eligible dependents) through life's difficult moments. Mountain EAP is located in Reno and specializes in counseling and advising services for personal or interpersonal issues.
- Several Diversity Committees and Affinity Groups focusing on campus-wide diversity initiatives to ensure we are working to create a diverse and welcoming campus climate. Diversity Groups
- Faculty Senate is the principal representing body for faculty. Its membership includes representatives from each academic and administrative major unit of the University. Faculty Senate
- No state income tax!
Grants-in-aid for Faculty Employees
The University is proud to provide a reduced-rate tuition benefit to faculty and qualified dependents. Faculty can take up to six credits per semester at a reduced rate. Dependents of faculty have unlimited credits, but in order to be eligible children must be unmarried and under the age of 24 and must receive at least 50% of their financial support from the employee and/or employee ’s spouse or domestic partner. Faculty Grant-in-Aid
The Facilities Services Department is an organizational unit of the Division of Administration and Finance, and includes Planning and Construction Services, Parking and Transportation Services, and Maintenance Services. For more information, please visit: https://www.unr.edu/facilities
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Due to the current health and safety emergency declaration, anyone hired must receive a complete (and verified) COVID-19 vaccination series or an approved medical or religious waiver request as a term and condition of employment prior to any start date.
Work Location: One location