ACCOUNTING INSTRUCTOR WANTED
Las Vegas College – Las Vegas, Nevada
Do you want an opportunity to help prepare our students with the best career training available to become successful in their field?
As an instructor, you can help to change the lives of our students! At Las Vegas College, we pride ourselves on delivering well-trained graduates. If you are ready to help others who truly desire your knowledge and experience, then we want to talk to you!
The success of our students is the story of our own success.
In this role, you will plan, instruct, direct, and supervise all student learning experiences in the classroom utilizing contemporary teaching strategies and practices (i.e. Canvas, PowerPoint presentations, lecture, development of curriculum documents, usage of Instructor’s Resources, videos, field trips, guest speakers) while following the school curriculum.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Develop lesson plans to meet the objectives of syllabus.
- Prepare for class instruction in regard to lectures and assignments.
- Utilize a variety of teaching styles.
- Grade and electronically record assignments and exams.
- Accurately record and report student attendance.
- Actively promote student retention.
- Participate in in-service training, faculty meetings, graduation exercises, and other functions a directed.
- Perform related work as required.
- Serve as a professional role model for students.
Part-time, 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Additional hours and classes and as needed.
- Must have, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree with appropriate academic coursework and preparation in the subject area taught (Accounting/Finance). Master’s degree preferred.
- Teaching experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Canvas LMS delivery of content preferred, but not required.
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Excel.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
The campus follows OSHA & CDC guidelines.
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Web design: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location