Reports to Dean of Applied Sciences
Total Annual - $80,000.00 -$98,000.00
Ensign College invites applications for a Full-Time Finance Instructor Position. Ensign College now offers 4-year degrees in Business, Accounting and Finance and is looking for a qualified full-time Business Finance professor.
Requirements for Employment Eligibility:
- Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Worthiness to hold and be worthy to hold a current temple recommend.
- Receive clearance from the Church Educational System Ecclesiastical Clearance Office.
- Commitment to bring about the purposes of Ensign College
- Resides in Utah
- A master’s degree in a Business Field is required (Bachelor or master’s degree in Finance preferred).
- The successful candidate will have significant real-world business Finance experience, including P&L responsibilities.
- Also preferred are industry certifications, such as CPA, CMA, CFP, or another professional license or equivalency.
Essential Job Functions:
- The successful candidate will help fulfill the College’s mission by teaching a broad range of finance courses and providing content expertise.
- Course curriculum creation and maintenance, mentoring students, and fulfilling other department and college assignments.
- Faculty members also attend meetings, grade assignments and exams, and participate in ongoing training.
- Ensign College has a high adjunct to full-time faculty ratio and the successful candidate will have responsibilities for training and supervising adjunct faculty.
- Ensign College has embraced immersive instruction techniques that place a very low emphasis on lecturing. The successful candidate cannot view themselves as a lecturer. Candidates with teaching experience and/or curriculum development experience are encouraged to submit evaluations, Videos, or other evidence of ability.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimal Exertion – Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting for extended periods of time and walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Handling – Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with fingers and/or hands.
- Talking – Using the spoken word in order to clearly communicate ideas and messages to other people.
- Hearing – Perceiving and understanding the speech of another person.
- Near Acuity – Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $98,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Do you meet all requirements for Employment Eligibility:
Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Worthiness to hold and be worthy to hold a current temple recommend.
Receive clearance from the Church Educational System Ecclesiastical Clearance Office.
Commitment to bring about the purposes of Ensign College
Resides in Utah
- real-world business Finance: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location