Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 05/27/2022
Closing Date: 06/13/2022
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MN St Colleges & Universities / Inver Hills CC-MAPE
Division/Unit: MnSCU Inver Hills CC / MAPE FT NE GT 6 mos sal LT 7
Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday-Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $25.50 - $37.44/hourly; $53,244 - $78,174/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Foundation Accountant directs all accounting and finance functions for the Dakota County Technical College (DCTC) and Inver Hills Community College (Inver) Foundations, maintaining financial records and fiscal controls. This position oversees the processing of contributions to and distributions from 400+ individual Foundation accounts. The position is responsible for summarizing, analyzing, and reporting the financial activities of the Foundations to internal and external audiences, including annual audits, as well as financial statement preparation. The position advises the Executive Director and Foundation Board Chairperson on fiscal policies, procedures, and budgets, as well as development directors to ensure coordination of their activities in planning with at DCTC and Inver for all policies, procedures and programs that have an effect on the financial operation of the Foundations.
Examples of Duties:
- Oversee the development and preparation of standardized and ad-hoc reports utilizing data from several separate systems, analyze information, and make recommendations for a variety of constituents, including the Foundations Executive Director and the DCTC and Inver Foundation Board on both a scheduled and ad-hoc basis. Assist and advise authorized signers of Foundation accounts throughout the colleges regarding information requests, policies and procedures, appropriate expenditures, and required reporting.
- Manage all accounting and fiscal functions of the Foundations so that adequate and appropriate financial records and controls are maintained.
- Prepare all documentation necessary for the annual independent audits of the DCTC and Inver Foundations financial statements, interact with the auditors during field work, and report to the Foundation Board.
- With the Foundation Executive Director, establish Foundation Fiscal policies, procedures and operating budgets
- Ensure the safekeeping and appropriate reporting of all assets/properties owned by and/or under the control of the Foundations
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and a minimum of two years of professional accounting work experience OR an Associate’s degree in accounting or related field and a minimum of five years of professional accounting work experience.
2. Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and understand applicable laws and regulations.
3. Experience and knowledge of higher education fundraising and/or non-profit organization
4. Formulate fiscal policy for the Foundation and must have the ability to develop and implement procedures.
5. Ability to analyze and interpret data and transactions
6. Provide fiscal advice and management recommendations.
7. Effective communication verbal and written
8. Attention to details and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
9. Must possess strong organizational and managerial skills to prioritize and meet deadlines
10. Knowledge of the IRS, state and federal laws regarding fundraising and financial reporting
11. Knowledge of excel spreadsheets, Microsoft office products, databases and email program necessary.
12. Strong interpersonal skill and human relations skills required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Foundation Board of Directors, benefactors, students, faculty, staff, college leaderships and other constituents.
1. Knowledge of fundraising initiative and development
2. Experience in fundraising and non-profit account software
3. Experience with Financial Edge and Bloomerang
4. CPA is preferred but not required
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor/.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 651/450-3371.