Dakota Wesleyan University in Mitchell, South Dakota invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Business at the anticipated rank of either Assistant or Associate Professor. The person will be responsible for teaching a variety of general business courses; advising business students; and will serve as a member of the university’s college of leadership and public service. Experience teaching, or the ability to teach, some, or all, of the following courses is desirable: introduction to business, principles of management, financial literacy, and/or other foundational finance or accounting courses. Start date is August 15, 2022. Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Benefits include health, vision, dental and life insurance, access to campus wellness program and facilities, vacation, sick and holiday pay, tuition reimbursement and retirement.
A new School of Business, Innovation and Leadership opened in the fall of 2021 with state-of-the-art technology to enhance teaching and learning. The DWU Business program is being redesigned to offer students a highly relevant, project-oriented curriculum. Members of the business faculty are enthusiastic about delivering an innovative, relevant learning experience closely aligned with workplace expectations, preparing both traditional and nontraditional students to be successful in the knowledge-based economy. A spirit of entrepreneurial thinking permeates the business program and the broader university community.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a doctoral degree, and/or a master’s degree, and/or possess equivalent experience in the business world.
- Have relevant, successful, professional experience working in one or more business environments, particularly with significant management responsibilities.
- Have taught successfully, preferably at the college level, or have comparable communication/sales experience that promises to translate effectively into the teaching environment.
- Be enthusiastic about approaching teaching and learning in innovative ways that generate interest in the discipline and strengthen student engagement.
- Be comfortable with, or willing to learn, the use of digital technologies to enhance student engagement and learning.
- Be firmly committed to high quality teaching and to active, project-based/applied learning.
- Have the ability to create assignments and learning experiences that are directly relevant to the professional work environment.
- Be committed to mentoring students, including serving as an academic advisor.
All candidates are encouraged to provide evidence of successful college-level teaching, including strong professor-student relationships, commitment to student development, and creative pedagogical practice. All applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae (or resume), and the names and contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses) of four professional references. Original transcripts and background check will be required before the university makes an appointment.
Click apply today!
Please write Business in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Dakota Wesleyan reserves the right to modify all job postings and job descriptions. Dakota Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and provider.