Position TitleOperations Associate - Business Advisor (Part-Time)
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Director, Veteran Business Resource Center
DepartmentBusiness Development Resources-2M0
Position TypeNew position
Job CategoryPart-Time Staff - Variable
Initial Work LocationMiller Campus
Starting Salary$25.00 -Based on experience
Job Open Date06/21/2022
Open Until FilledYes
Provide business advice, counseling, training, and other assistance to small businesses that are clients of the VBRC
Benefits of working as a Business Advisor:
• Gain satisfaction in the mission to help veterans start and grow their businesses.
Expand your skillset and knowledge from training opportunities and opportunities to work with companies in various industries and in different stages.
• Expand your business networks as you meet with clients and make other important
contacts at various events
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Counseling veterans as they start and/or grow their businesses
Create and maintain accurate records of counseling
Perform business research for clients
Teach business classes developed by the VBRC
Assist the director in representing the VBRC at veteran events
Other duties as assigned
· Familiar with the Veterans Administration rules and regulations regarding benefits offered to veterans
· Familiar with the veteran & military cultural differences from that of others
· Experience Working with the underrepresented & minority populations in the U.S.
· Previous 3 years experience as a business owner or leadership role in a small to medium size
· Bachelor’s degree
· Expert with substantial experience in one of the following:
• Finance and accounting (analysis, projections, systems (i.e., QuickBooks), funding and banking)
• Marketing (particularly strong in social media marketing, websites)
• Business operations
· Trade off 2:1 Experience/Education Requirement
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Assessing needs of small business clients requesting assistance
• Matching the needs with most relevant VBRC
services/trainings, and/or other services provided outside of the
• Counseling of business clients
• Training business clients on various business topics
• Representing the VBRC & Utah SBDC
Network and The Mill at Miller Campus at meetings, conferences, seminars, and other events
• Making promotional and business-related presentations at various events and venues
• Achieving job-related goals and objectives
• Helping the VBRC
achieve their goals related to economic impact and performance Financial Skills
• Assess and monitor financial health of client businesses
• Prepare financial analyses and reports for clients
• Assist clients to develop financial plans and projections
• Assist clients to find and apply for financing, both debt and investor funding.
• Counsel clients on understanding and the use of financial statements, cash flow management and other financial tools in managing their business.
• Present on financial topics at workshops and other events.
• Assess and analyze business clients’ marketing capabilities and methods. Make recommendations for improvement.
• Assist clients in developing their marketing plans.
• Discover new ways for clients to engage with existing customers and attract new ones.
• Suggest improvements in areas like SEO
, social media, email marketing, and website design.
• Recommend content development strategies to websites and blogs.
• Help clients improve branding so that it resonates better with customers and prospective customers.
• Advise clients on managing and analyzing marketing campaigns to monitor
Success and ensure that optimal results are achieved.
• Present on marketing topics at workshops and other events.
• Conduct operational assessments and identify risks/issues of business clients.
• Advise and provide recommendations to clients on process improvement and best practices.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.