Fresno Pacific University’s growing School of Business invites applications for a full-time faculty position in the area of accounting. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Business, this faculty member will provide strategic guidance on accounting coursework delivered to both undergraduate and graduate students in onsite, blended, and online modalities, while teaching across populations and modalities. This faculty member will work with a team of business faculty with varying areas of expertise to advance the Fresno Pacific Idea through innovative, Christ-centered service to students and the community.
The faculty position will be based at the FPU main campus and may require travel to regional campuses in North Fresno, Visalia, Merced, and Bakersfield. Courses are taught in the evenings at the Regional Campuses.
- Teach within the undergraduate and graduate business degree programs;
- Communicate regularly with program directors to keep them abreast of current accounting trends and coursework needs;
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda as evidenced by publications and presentations
- Active participation in direct and indirect student recruitment efforts;
- Assist with advising/mentoring of students in the major/program;
- Initiate and build relationships/partnerships with external organizations, agencies, and educational institutions in efforts to expand and grow the School of Business;
- Ensure program offerings and curriculum strongly support student learning outcomes as dictated by industry and market need;
- Participate actively with industry advisory board to ensure graduates of the program meet the needs of employers;
- Adhere to regional and programmatic accreditation requirements.
- Earned terminal degree in Accounting or Finance
- Candidates with a master’s degree or those nearing terminal degree completion may be considered
- Completion of a terminal degree is a requirement for continued employment
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement
- Demonstrated success in accounting leadership and administration
- Strong passion for teaching and coaching undergraduate and graduate students
- Ability to work collegially with students, staff, faculty, and administration
- Ability to teach and work with persons with diverse cultural, religious, political, and educational perspectives
- Strong oral, and written communication skills
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church
- Professional accounting experience
- CPA certification
- College level teaching experience demonstrated by favorable course evaluations
Dependent on qualifications and experience, and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA).
The link to the application is within the job description here.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts to:
Katie Fleener, Ph.D
School of Business, Box 2303
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
Fresno, CA 93702